As I stood in the garden the other morning, child's scooter in one hand furiously swinging it into the 30ft hedge to try to get the school shoe that was lodged firmly in it, I found myself shouting at the boy 'If you throw one more thing in this hedge I'm going to throw you in after it!'
The ridiculousness of the situation immediately hit me and I thought to myself 'now that's something I never thought I'd hear myself say' (to be clear I never thought I'd be beating a hedge with a scooter either but there you go).
I then realised that I was not only uttering ridiculous statements such as this, I was frequently coming out with 'oh my God did I just say that? I am so old' phrases too.
So, just for you, here's 9 other things I never though I'd hear myself say:
9. Is that a Power Ranger in the fridge?
8. Just stop right there mister.
7. Did you just throw that garlic at her?
6. You could poke someones eye out with that.
5. Who just pooed on the carpet?
4. Thats an accident waiting to happen.
3. There's naked blondes in the bed again.
2. Because I said so.
1. What's that floating in the bath? Oh God. Ok everyone out.
So not only are they turning me crazy, they're turning me into my mother. Is it just me or is this just part of becoming a parent?
This post was re-written from memory due to Blogger-gate that resulted in me losing my last post and all your lovely comments. I'm hoping that I can now move on and stop grinding my teeth every time I pick up my laptop. Some more fabulous comments would certainly help :)